SwiftDeck Ipe Wood TilesInterlocking Ipe wood deck tiles for instant, versatile wood decks
With SwiftDeck interlocking Ipe wood tiles you can quickly transform a cracked, unsightly concrete surface or roof top into an awesome patio, balcony, veranda, rooftop deck or terrace to be enjoyed for relaxation and entertaining year after year.
These user-friendly tiles are ideal for the homeowner do-it-yourself project as they simply snap together without the need for special tools, adhesives, screws or nails. Tiles are kept perfectly spaced and aligned without any effort by the installer, thanks to the precisely designed plastic grid base which also ensures free and rapid water drainage, allowing the deck surface to dry quickly.
Specifications & Characteristics of Ipe Wood
Architrex exclusively uses Ipe wood to construct SwiftDeck interlocking tiles. With a lifespan exceeding 20 years in exterior conditions, Ipe is considered one of the most durable wood species available for home owner and commercial use. From residential patios and terraces to large commercial decks and boardwalks, Ipe’s resistance to warping and outstanding hardness makes it the top choice for durable wood decking.
Unlike other wood decking options such as Redwood and Fir, the surface of Ipe wood won’t splinter and remains smooth as it gracefully weathers into a soft, grey color. To slow the aging process, a quality decking oil can be applied every 6-12 months if desired.
Additional characteristics of Ipe wood:
- Botanical name – Tabebuia sp.
- Reddish brown color, but can vary from olive brown to blackish, often with lighter or darker striping
- Exceptionally hard and dense (Janka 3680)
- Eight times harder than Californian Redwood
- Highly resistant to termites, decay and mold (rated Class 1 – extremely durable)
- 3-5 times the life time of most other decking materials (25+ year lifetime)
- Resistant to fire (rated Class A by NFPA)
- Weathers to a soft silvery grey, remaining smooth and splinter free
SwiftDeck interlocking decking tiles are meant for laying directly over hard, level surface such as concrete, compacted sand or gravel, and rooftop waterproof membranes. They are not designed to be placed on wood bearers or joists, or used for raised decking on pedestal systems.
If you need to create a raised wood deck we offer larger 24″ x 24″ non-interlocking structural Ipe wood tiles which can be laid on adjustable height pedestals for rooftop decks or other elevated decking applications.
SwiftDeck Ipe Tile Options & Sizes
|Colorado & Sierra||Double-C|
|Tile size (covered area)||12″ x 12″||24″ x 12″|
|Tile Height (incl. base)||1 1/4″||1 1/4″|
|Tile Weight||3.4 lbs||6.8lbs|
|Packing||12 tiles per carton||6 tiles per carton|
|Carton Size||15″ x 13″ x 13″||24 1/2″ x 13″ x 8″|
|Carton Weight||43 lbs||43lb|
Edge Transition Pieces
- Clip to the edge of the outer row of tiles
- Provide a sloping transition to the sub surface
- Hide the side view of the plastic base
- Gap under front lip ensures water drains away freely
- Made from UV stabilized polyethylene
- Symmetrical design enables easy installation and removal of any deck tiles
- In-built interlocking tabs on all 4 sides
- Stainless steel screws attach base to wood slats
- Engineered to support over one ton of weight
- Workable temperature range of polyethylene: -100°F to 200°F (-73°C to 93°C)